Feb 11th, 2021
In todays episode of "devcom podcast" our hosts Lars and Nico speaks to David Bateson and Mark Estdale. Mark is a british sound engineer and voice director and David
is the legendary voice of Agent47 from the Hitman Series. Both give us a deep overview in the voice and sound production for a videogame. With a longtime experience in the business they share some imporant informations for young developers. So listen carefully.
- 00:00:00 Welcome
- 00:00:52 Introduction David Bates
- 00:03:12 Introduction Mark Estdale
- 00:08:35 The perfect way to record lines
- 00:20:55 They Journey as Agent47
- 00:26:39 The impressive amount of dialog in a videogame
- 00:29:05 Did the process of recording changed?
- 00:39:15 A missing dog!
- 00:39:42 Moving wit the process of recording
- 00:44:59 Finding new sounds
- 00:50:04 Difference between voice acting for games or films
- 01:01:13 The appriaction of a game
- 01:04:00 Tips for recording and voice acting
- 01:08:57 Quote Trivia (Put that cookie down!)
- 01:33:58 Goodbye