Dec 4th, 2020
In our latest episode of "devcom podcast" our host Lars Janssen welcomes Philomena Schwab. Philomena is a Swiss game developer, co-founder of Stray Fawn game studio and a board member of the Swiss Game Developers Association. She tells us about her experiences in founding a small studio in Switzerland as well as the power of good community management. You can take a closer look at the studio in their dev diary.
- 00:00:00 Welcome
- 00:00:42 Introduction of Philomena Schwab
- 00:01:28 The swiss game hub
- 00:03:04 Getting developers to switzerland
- 00:05:29 Swiss industry assosiation
- 00:08:04 Build and lead your own studio
- 00:11:06 Community-Building as an Indie-Studio
- 00:16:38 Keys for a successful crowdfunding campaign
- 00:20:25 Interacting with the community
- 00:24:53 Talking about the new Game "The wandering village"
- 00:31:46 Multiple roles in a small team
- 00:35:56 Entry roles in the business
- 00:40:40 Organize an indie studio
- 00:44:35 F2P or Freemium?
- 00:51:05 Is self publishing the right way for indies?
- 01:00:24 The importance of getting vocal
- 01:08:05 Goodbye