Jan 5th, 2021
With Teut Weidemann we welcome a real veteran of the German games industry. He was part of one of the first German game studios, Rainbow Arts, and worked for companies like Microsoft and Ubisoft. For more than a decade he has been the expert in F2P Games. In this episode of "devcom podcast" he gives us some insights into the F2P Market.
- 00:00:00 Welcome
- 00:00:41 Introduction of Teut Weidemann
- 00:03:00 Falling in Love with F2P
- 00:07:05 Success of F2P and leaving P2W aside
- 00:09:33 The concequenses of a Paywall and their alternatives
- 00:12:11 Creating a successfull F2P-Game
- 00:15:20 White spots in the Market - Product Positioning
- 00:22:21 What should you focus on?
- 00:28:26 Track everything you need, but how?
- 00:32:15 Form a new title and create a second hit
- 00:37:50 Do´s and dont´s about Moneytization
- 00:47:07 From traditional to F2P game development
- 00:58:40 F2P of Next Generation Consoles
- 01:02:30 Goodbye