Dec 18th, 2020
We proudly welcome Reneé Gittins. Reneé is the Executive Director of the IGDA (the International Game Developers Association) and CEO of Stumbling Cat, creator of “Potions: A Curious Tale”. Our host, Lars Janssen, chats with Reneé about the importance of diversity and inclusion. She shares her experience in what companies can do to create a safe environment for everyone, and also how to handle difficult situations.
- 00:00:00 Welcome
- 00:00:39 Introducing Reneé Gittins
- 00:02:26 The State of the Industry
- 00:06:26 Building an open minded team
- 00:09:14 Hiring new teammembers
- 00:12:05 How to deal with harassement and toxic behaviors
- 00:19:34 Increasing the level of psychological safety
- 00:22:11 How did the pandemic affected the games industry?
- 00:25:33 What need people learn to provide good leadership
- 00:27:12 The work of the IGDA
- 00:32:57 The loose of the social contact in these times
- 00:35:57 What kind of groups is affected the most by covid?
- 00:39:45 Is there a way back after the pandemic?
- 00:44:17 Talking about the game developer crisis conference and webinar series
- 00:48:23 Reneé talks about her way into the games industry
- 01:00:07 Goodbye